AFD & APD on scene Brandywine Apartments
Who said summers in Amherst are boring?
Our first responders rushed to Brandwine Apartments in North Amherst for a complaint about a resident "cooking chemicals on a stove."
Nikolai James being escorted to ambulance
Before it was over almost eight hours later APD, AFD, a State Police helicopter and a HazMat team coordinated a response.
The perp, Nikolai James, was apparently cooking his own urine and that was only one of many unidentified chemicals found in his apartment. And yes, ammonia/uric acid is an ingredient for crystal meth.
He was transported by ambulance to Cooley Dickinson Hospital but then flew the coop.
Click to enlarge/read