Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A tale of two V's


The Vagina Monologues 1998
‘The Little Coochie Snorcher That Could’
Memory: Thirteen years old:

“Now people thought that it was a kind of rape. I was only thirteen and she was twenty-four. Well, I say, if it was a rape, it was a good rape then, a rape that turned my sorry-ass coochi snorcher into a kind of heaven.”

The Vagina Monologues 2001
‘The Little Coochie Snorcher That Could’
Memory: Sixteen years old:

“I realize later she was my surprising, unexpected, politically incorrect salvation. She transformed my sorry-ass coochi snorcher into a kind of heaven.”

3 comments:

Greg Saulmon said...

Good point, Larry.

I've been trying to track down the full text of the "Reclaiming Cunt" monologue. If you've run across it, could you please send it over to me?

Best,

Greg

maryd said...

13 or 16, a man or a woman.
You say toe-may-toe, I say toe-mah-toe, lets call the whole thing a BAD rape!

Glad my kids won't be going to this.

Larry Kelley said...

Yeah, neither will mine.

But our tax dollars still helped to make it happen.