Friday, February 15, 2008

And so it ends...


UPDATE: 8:45 PM
It’s over. That was quick. Thank God. Kind of like Marie Antoinette and the head-rolling thing. Naturally who do I see as I shoot my final shot but His Lordship Select Board Chair Gerry Weiss and his lovely wife Jennifer. Only reaffirms my theory that this thing is nothing but PC at its worst.

UPDATE: 10:30 PM
Ch. 3 TV picked up the story...sort of. Screwed up about 'VM" being on Broadway (never was), and that 'Urinetown' was a controversy at ARHS a year later (it was two or three years later and not controversial in the least). That's TV for ya.
Camerafolks are expensive

FINAL UPDATE: 11:15 PM
Well I have been doing this blog since March 17’th (St. Patty’s Day) almost a year, and my previous high for daily hits (201) was May 1’st the day the Override went down to defeat. As of now, 45 minutes before midnight, we’re at 215.

So today a few new folks showed up. Please keep in mind: I never quit, I never surrender. This is far from over. There's a “nuclear option”. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

O'Reilly said...

Gerry: What was your favorite part, darling?

Jennifer: Oh, I liked when she reclaimed the word "cunt".

Gerry: I liked that p-p-part too but my favorite was the monologue about teenage lesbain sex and the little girl's coochi.

Larry Kelley said...

Yeah, a dozen or so years ago they would have had an excuse (a kid in the school system) but now at their age they have none.

Paolo Mastrangelo said...

larry, im no warmonger by any means, but stop teasing. drop the bomb.

Larry Kelley said...

Monday my man...Monday.

Vulture said...

Thanks for calling attention to stuff like this. There's so much apathy around. Most people deplore this kind of thing, but can't be roused from their lethargy to do something about it. Keep "rousing".

Larry Kelley said...

Thanks Vulture, will do. One of the most common things I hear around town is that I say things a lot of people think but don't have the...whatever, to say.