Not the kind of thing you want on your front display window
Oriental Flavor: Opening on hold
According to Commissioner Morra:
"The job was stopped because plumbing and gas installation had proceeded without the required inspections. The plumbing contractor that was hired for the project and who secured the necessary permits did not perform any of the work and was unwilling to take over the job that was done by others. In order for the work to continue the business owner must hire a licensed contractor to make correction, complete inspections with this office and finish the work. We found several issues and violations with the work that was completed by an unlicensed individual."
Some of you may remember the 2005 pernicious basement fire at the old Plumbley's Building adjacent to the Boltwood Walk Parking Garage.
The leading contender for fire causation?
Faulty wiring installed by a handyman rather than licensed electrician for the heavy-duty commercial equipment associated with a tanning salon that Gold's Gym was preparing to open.
The fire pretty much put La Cucina Di Pinocchio's restaurant out of business.