Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Heading South


Yeah, I'm still mad as Hell but I just can't take it anymore. You win, my spouse wins, maybe even my young kids win. We're packing up the bikes, computers and kitties and heading for South Hadley.

Hell, they have all the really easy targets anyway (not counting Anne Awad since she seems to have gone into private hibernation.) Barry Del Castilho and Gus Sayer--the two highest paid town employees and previous long-time Amherst trough suckers, a municipal golf course that generates more red ink than a Chinese flag factory and my abolute favorite lame FAT duck target, Representative Town Meeting.

They even have TWO Fire Departments in a town half the size of the People's Republic (our little abode is exactly half-way between them so in an emergency maybe they will both come) and good old Skinner Mountain where I can train once again to bike up Mt. Washington. And their High School even has a marching band!

Besides, they could use a slight increase in their Asian population.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There also voting to switch to a Mayor. Maybe Awad could be your new mayor.

Izzy said...

Is this an April Fool's Joke?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Larry, you gave me a chuckle.

Anonymous said...

you're a stinker, you got me!

Max Hartshorne said...

I can't believe I fell for it too. Larry moves outta Amherst?

Now I get it...good one!

Neil said...

Five generations of Kelley's down the drain. Hey, maybe your kids will move back.