Occupy Amherst town center 12:25 PM
A few dozen folks descended on the most visible corner in Amherst town center Saturday morning, the same one "occupied" by anti-war protestors every Sunday for the past 40 years, and they even had a brass band. By 1:15 PM they were gone. It was kind of hot and muggy.
According to their press release speakers were going to address:
- Corporate Personhood,
- Student Debt,
- Racism in the Amherst schools,
- Justice for Charles in Springfield,
- SComm and immigrant rights,
- Shutting down the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant and
- foreclosures in Hampshire and Hampden counties.
But the one I question is, "Racism in the Amherst schools". Really?