AFD quickly snuffed out the fire with an interior attack
A box alarm for a kitchen stove fire called in around 8:00 this Sunday morning brought all hands on deck response from AFD and APD, but the fire was quickly extinguished.
While stove fires (and chimney fires) may seem to be innocuous it's not unusual for the beast to break out of those confines and wreak havoc on the rest of the structure.
And that was the case here as the fire extended into the walls and ceiling, but was not allowed to go any further.
AFD was also mindful of their water usage and told Dispatch to inform the water department they would not be using all that much.
Click to enlarge/read
Engines 1 & 2 and Ladder 1 were on the scene
Putting the hoses away (for now)