Ladder 1 and Engine 2 (quint) on scene Mullins Center last night
The Amherst Fire Department closed out a far from monotonous Monday searching for the cause of a fire alarm at the Mullins Center practice rink. The call came in just before midnight and the combination of audible fire alarms sounding and eyewitness reports of "smoke in the building" caused it to be dispatched as a "box alarm", bringing a swift all-hands-on deck response.
Engine 4 at Mullins Center
Turns out the alarm was triggered by a burned out fan motor in the ventilation system.
The chimney fire on Strong Street, called in around 8:30 p.m., was the real thing but firefighters managed to contain the blaze before it could do serious structural damage.
An hour earlier our versatile first responders assisted residents on Triangle Street with a flooded basement.
Engine 2 aerial ladder came in handy
If you like this story help make this happen: