Thursday, May 16, 2013

Turning Up The Heat Even More

 61 Gray Street yesterday

61 Gray Street today

Yes, if everything always went as smoothly as this most recent action by the Amherst building inspection services the Rental Registration Bylaw would probably not have such broad support. But this landlord acted responsibly, in a timely manner and therefor has nothing to fear -- under either the current or newly proposed system.

The letter I received today from their trade group makes a great point: only 2% of landlords are the problem, but I take issue with the assertion that the other 98% are being "punished."  Certainly 98% of the citizens of Amherst are law abiding with outright criminals a distinct minority.

If the police should install a camera to monitor a high crime area located on public property to catch the problem 2%, why should the other 98% have anything to fear?

Providing they are not doing something they shouldn't be doing.

Click to read

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... and 47.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.