Rolling Green Apartments
The Amherst Fire Department responded to Rolling Green Apartments -- scene of a devastating fatal fire two weeks ago -- early Friday night (7:00 PM) for a phoned in report of beeping smoke alarms.
Only to discover the detectors from the burned out unit had been thrown into a nearby dumpster with the batteries still in them, and they continued to do their job long after the need for alarm had subsided.
The call was noted as a "Good Intent Call," also a timely reminder that citizens should not hesitate to dial 911 if anything raises suspicion.
Also note, ETOH (drunk) calls are still too numerous.