Sunday, January 13, 2008

Crows in a 'V'


Although I’m 100% Irish, I don’t consider myself overly superstitious, but today was a tad weird.

I had decided not to upload until Monday late-morning so my Friday post stayed front-and-center until the Bricks-and-Mortar Media awakens Monday morning around 8:30 am or so…otherwise known as the start of a new news cycle.

So I pull into the Amherst Athletic Club this Sunday morning around 10:45 am (we open at 11) and I’m listening to WDRC the oldies station running a “one hit wonder weekend” and the tune ‘Indiana Wants Me’ is playing.

Including the great line “If a man ever needed dying he did…No one has a right to say what he said about you” And I thought to myself, if we go uptown tonight and some aggressive goof calls my wife or daughter the ‘C-word” how would I react?

And as I exit my car a couple crows sound the alarm from a tree I have probably looked at ten thousand times over the past 25 tears and never noticed the V formation at the top.

The Chinese Kenpo Karate Creed that I have observed for almost 35 years states that “Should I be forced to defend myself, my family or my honor then here are my weapons…. my open hands”

So yeah, branding my wife or daughter the “C-word” definitely trips the “honor” thing, and I would physically engage. And yeah, if he reached into his pocket for what I thought a weapon I would use all-out force…as in lethal.

Better to explain it to a Judge than risk the unthinkable.

2 comments:

Xenos said...

Let go the of the anger and resentment.

Would your wife and child want to live apart from you for 20 years because you put some jerk in his place?

As an orthodox liberal, let me apologize on behalf of the twerps who might get you upset. There are jerks of all political stripes - don't let the jerks win by provoking anger.

Now, if I should get a chance to punch certain republican activists...

Larry Kelley said...

Well...considering I have been a Black Belt for just over thirty five years and have never yet had to physically put a jerk in his place, I'd say I'm doing pretty well.