Sunday, September 30, 2007

Go to Hell "Sgt." Anderson!


In a message dated 9/29/07 8:26:30 AM, x2general8@hotmail.com writes:

With a very desperate need for assistance, I have summed up courage to contact you.I am an army Sgt. from FortHood Tx. now serving with the third infantry contingent mission stationed in Iraq. I actually found your contact in a business journal. I am seeking your experience and assistance to evacuate the sum of $5.5 Million United Sates Dollars to USA or any other safe country. This is no stolen funds, and there are no risks involved.
SOURCE OF FUNDS:
During the third month of the raid here in Iraq, myself and some few other soldiers while conducting a routine search in a location near one of Saddam`s old palaces, uncovered large sums of money buried in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunitions which we believed must have been part of Saddam's hidden treasure. We agreed not to turn over the cash or declare it to our superiors since there is noting we could do having considered that there is no amount or kind of compensation that can make up, quantify, or justify the risks we have taken with our lives in this hell hole.
I was given the sum of $5.5 Million Dollars as my own share out of the large sums discovered, and had nowhere to conceal such bulk monies here, so I had to employ the services of a contact by a British colleague. The said contact facilitated the movement of the funds to a safer location entirely outside Iraq. One passionate appeal I will make to you is not to discuss this matter with a third party, should you have reasons to reject this offer, please destroy this email, as any leakage of this information will be too bad for me. I do not know for how long we will remain here, and I have survived two suicide bomb attacks by the grace of God.
It may be difficult for us to communicate on phone for security reasons, so as soon as I am sure you are willing to help, I will guide you with more information. But only when I ascertained your seriousness to commit your time in seeing to the success of this. We shall also discuss about percentage when it is convenient to do so,until I hear from you, more information shall be supplied to you.
Respectfully,
Tanner Anderson.

Tanner,

If indeed you are a member of the US Military—which I most sincerely doubt—you have embarrassed yourself, your family, and your country. And as they say in our national pastime, “three strikes and you’re out.”

To use the Iraq war and the thousands of casualties produced when men and WOMEN have given their “last measure of devotion,” as new wrapping on an old scam is disgusting.

I can only hope the Military Police, FBI and CIA are equally offended.

Disrespectfully,

Larry Kelley

3 comments:

Mary E.Carey said...

This DEFINITELY looks like a scam, Larry.

Tony said...

Reprehensible. Nice rebuke.

maryd said...

Wow, thats a disgusting twist on an old scam.