Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Go Ask Alice...


-----Original Message-----
From: abnm@XXXXXXXXX
To: amherstAC@aol.com
Sent: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 8:27 AM
Subject: No Override Signs

I have been following the sign saga and think it’s pretty low of someone to take have taken them.

I also would not think too highly if money from my husband’s Amherst Athletic Club dues helped pay for them. If the No Override prevails I will be working on him to join me at Gold’s Gym.

Charter schools are terrific. However, the same people who send their kids there knowing it takes money away from the Amherst Public Schools might think about also supporting the education of ALL kids in any way they can. That means supporting ‘The Amherst Plan’ and not hanging the rest of us out to dry.

Alice B. XXXXX

So in spite of childish threats like this I hope and pray that today’s outcome is the most decisive in the history of local politics in The People’s Republic Of Amherst.

I suppose if Alice can afford family memberships at Gold’s Gym (their rates are significantly higher than mine) she can afford this Override. Unfortunately many folks in town, many of whom have lived here their entire lives, cannot afford this significant tax increase.

“Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”

No comments: